The Secret Habits of Highly Productive People
So how do you become highly
productive?
First, you must ensure that
your goals and objectives are clearly listed in writing. For each goal and
objective, it is also vital to list what you're trying to accomplish, along
with your motivation behind why accomplishing those goals and objectives
matter.
Once this is completed, the
next step is to create a detailed action plan(s) for achieving those goals and
objectives. Remember to highlight, and prioritize, each of the steps required,
along with including action owner(s) and timelines. By prioritizing your goals
and objectives, you'll know where to focus your time and energy, thus being
more efficient, effective, and productive.
Please ensure that you meet
the deadlines that were set forth, especially for important goals and
objectives. The goal is not to list unrealistic timelines for achieving your
goals but to allow for adequate time to accomplish each of the tasks listed
with the quality that it deserves.
Last, and most importantly, is
concentration. To be highly productive and successful, you must have the
ability to concentrate your talents and abilities on completing tasks with the
highest yield. Remember, one of the main goals is to allocate your talents and
abilities in such a way that you achieve the highest possible return on the
energy you invested into any task or project. To ensure that your time and
energy is allocated wisely, it's best to focus and concentrate on tasks that
caters to your strengths. Reason being is that if you do things that you're
good at, not only will you be more productive while having fun but also make
less mistakes in the process, thus submitting higher quality of work.
In addition, you must also
ensure that you focus on the opportunities of the future rather than addressing
the problems of the past. This concept is similar to how successful
organizations use their resources - the talents of their best people are
allocated to the best upcoming opportunities for the firm. Rather than focusing
your energy on a lot of mundane tasks that adds no real value, people must use
their resources to concentrate on tasks that makes a difference. By
concentrating your efforts on key areas, you'll be able to achieve the most
significant results in the least amount of time.
Please note that highly
productive people don't rush through their tasks. Instead, these individuals
maintain a steady work pace rhythm that allows them to complete an enormous
amount of work without becoming anxious or stressed. Reason being is that
highly productive people have learned how to master the art of "focus and
concentration" for important tasks that'll make a real difference in
achieving their goals and objectives in life and they do not stop until their
task is complete!!
Remember the old adage
"the early bird catches the worm... well it's absolutely true! So wake-up
as early as possible. What I've realized is that when I wake up early in the
morning, not only am I more productive but also more satisfied because I've
accomplished everything that I've set out to do for that particular day with
time to spare for exercising, hobbies, etc.
Hopefully this post has
provided you with additional insights on how to become more productive. Since
I've personally use the recommendations listed above, I know for a fact that it
works. Typically, I would create a prioritized list of action items prior to
going to bed that must be accomplished the following day. This way, when I
wake-up early the next morning I know exactly what must be done for me to be on
track to achieving my goals and objectives and I don't stop until I complete
the action items listed.
Article
Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Bryan_Chau
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7767194
Article
Source: